Last updated date: 01-03-2022
Times Internet is the data controller of the personal information that is collected on the Platform, while our service provider Vconfex, will be the data processor of your information.
- Acceptance of Terms of Policy
1.3 Please also note that the Platform may contain links to third-party websites, platforms or applications not owned, operated, or controlled by Times Internet. Times Internet is not responsible for the privacy practices of or for the Personal Data processed by such third-party websites, platforms, or applications that You may visit.
1.4 The Personal Data that such third-party websites, platforms or applications collect directly from You (for example, payment processing) is subject to such third-party website, platform, or application’s privacy practices. Privacy choices You may make on third-party websites, platforms or applications will not apply to Times Internet.
1.5 Times Internet encourages You to be aware of the privacy practices of such other websites, platforms, or applications that You may choose to access from platform and that may collect Your Personal Data.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information ‘Personal Information’ or ‘PII’ is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, mobile number and any other identifier indicating to that particular person. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
- Information you provide to us
Information Collected at the time of registration
When you register for our service, information that we collect includes, but not limited to -
- E-mail id
- Mobile No.
- Title/ Designation
- Information you provide to us voluntarily
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities, we may collect and store such information.
- Disclosure to Third parties
3.1 Service Providers
In the event Times Internet is merged with or acquired by another company or in case of re-organization or re-structuring of business, we and our affiliates may share your personal information, wholly or in part, with another business entity.
When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Do Not Sell My Information (only for California Citizens) Under CCPA, users based out of California have the right to “opt Out” of such sale of their information at any time. Please be advised that We do not sell personal information for monetary consideration; however, we may share certain personal information with third parties under circumstances which might be deemed a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Please note that personal information is shared only for the business or commercial purposes under appropriate contractual agreement.
You may opt out of sale of your personal info my clicking on the Do Not Sell My Info link in the application or send us an email on grievance firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Purposes and Lawfulness of processing We will only collect and process personal information about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with services (For e.g., processing your information by our group companies/affiliates).
We use your information for the following purposes: to provide, analyse, administer, enhance, and personalize our service and marketing efforts, to process your registration, to provide you services, and to communicate with you related to below mentioned points. For example, we use information to:
- Enabling Registration on the Platform
- To allow you to participate in virtual events organized on the Platform
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications), so that we can send you details about new features and content available on the Platform, and for breach notifications and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Sharing with our customer support team to resolve your queries/concerns related to your rights or services provided to you.
- Messaging Attendees and giving them Notification of Event
- Adding, Managing and Preparing Booth Reports for the best User Experience.
- How long do we store and use your information? We retain the information which we have collected no longer than is necessary. This is determined on a case-by-case basis. Normally your information will be held only as long as is necessary to implement, administer and manage your use of the Platform. We will delete your information whenever you request us to do so. However, we may archive and/or retain some information for legal purposes, and the retention period may vary as per the local regulatory requirement.
- Your Controls and Choices For any of the below request you may send us an e-mail to our support team. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed or corrected before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, requiring disproportionate technical effort, jeopardizing the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
- Accessing and rectifying your personal information
When you use the Platform we make good faith efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible.
You can make access requests by sending an email to Mr. Sumit Malhotra email@example.com . You can also ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning details that are separately collected and maintained by us by sending an email to our support team to perform the rectification.
- Data Portability You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Data Retention and Erasure We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information, then you can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request for the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain copies of personal information to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information.
- Objection to Processing Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes or any contests or promotions or other services, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at the below mentioned e-mail address.
- Non-discrimination for exercising your rights (Only for California Residents) CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under CCPA. We hold the practice of non-discrimination strongly and does not deny or provide a different level or quality of services or charges different rates or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights.
We may take 30 days from the date of receipt of request to complete your requests. However, if the nature of the requests is excessive in nature or would require significant effort then may ask for an extension of 60 days by giving a prior notice to you with the reason for the extension.
- Complaints You can write to us in case of any grievance or compliant at the support e-mail address. If you have any complaints regarding processing of your personal information you may contact our data protection officer at the below mentioned e-mail address.
You have the right to complaint about the data processing activities carried out by Us before the competent data protection authorities.
- Metrics California law requires us to compile metrics for the previous calendar year regarding consumer requests and responses catered. We will disclose the metrics with relevant details by July every year.
- Children’s Privacy We are not intentionally designed for or directed at persons less than 16 years of age. We do not knowingly permit any person who is under 16 years of age to register with the services or to provide any other personally identifying information. If we become aware that any personally identifiable information of persons less than 16 years of age has been collected on the Platform without verified parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information and notify the parent.
However, we consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to collect and process any personal information from children below 16 years of age or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category. We do not seek or intend to seek or receive any personal information from children. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided us with personal information without their prior consent, please contact our customer support team to ensure that the personal information is removed from our Services.
- Data transfer, Storage & Processing globally If you are located outside of India, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in India, as a Platform is operated in India. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. Additionally, when using or disclosing personal information transferred from the European Union, we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards.
By using the service, or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer of such information in and to India and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
- Security measures We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your registration credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team Corporatecare@vconfex.com .